Monday 24 June 2013

Physio

Back from a good couple of weeks of travelling - both work and pleasure - in Italy, Atlanta and New York - and desperate to get back into a regular training schedule. A couple of runs in the last week and a return to the saddle yesterday - with my friend James Gilbert (who may join me for the first two days of the challenge) pushing me to hit Swains Lane (London's best hill) again this week. Two months to go and lots of work to get done! 

Another big kicker last week was my return to Mayfair Physio - where I'm working on both injury recovery and building my cycle specific muscle groups. Most of you will know, but my left femur (thigh bone) is actually held together with a titanium rod following a skiing accident a few years back. Despite being the hardest bone to break, I managed to smash it into a number of pieces! Without getting too graphic - its fair to say that my left leg suffered and that it'll take a good few more years to get it back to 100% - but cycling 700 miles to Chamonix should speed things up!


No comments:

Post a Comment